Friday, June 28, 2013

Back to Nelson


We've actually been back in Nelson for over three months now and have finally just gotten the blog up to date! So what've we been up to these days?

Well...

After recovering from our awesome road trip...

It was back to work for us! I returned to my job at the front desk working my regular hours for the first month. As peak season is now over, my job has since been on an “on-call” basis. Andy, however, has been busy with new projects. The main one he is currently working on is building a new website for the Maitai.

Also... remember back in December when we upgraded from our tent to a trailer? About a week after we returned to Nelson, Carol decided to move us into a cabin! With winter coming, she figured it would be warmer for us. Additionally, it is closer to the communal kitchen and toilets and comes with a comfier bed and a larger fridge. Definite upgrade!

Home sweet home
In other news, it is officially winter now here in New Zealand with June being a particularly cold and wet month. Our days of jandal-wearing are over and we are finding ourselves bundled up in the warmest attire we can muster (not saying much). That being the case, as Andy is finishing up this last project, we are beginning to plan our trip back stateside! We still have lots to do, but our flights have been booked and we will be back in Seattle in exactly one month! Can't wait to see everyone when we get back :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the States, I can't wait!! See you soon! God bless you!

    Love
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm Sooooooo excited that I will be seeing you soon. I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The above comment is from me, Angela, by the way.

      Delete